Thursday 5 August 2010

A Little Bit More....

I have been away for a week to a Summer School.  I would highly recommend this to anyone.  The venue was West Dean and the course was on how to compose a picture using the beast of a camera which I purchased only four weeks ago.  Our brilliant tutor was Jacqui Hurst and her photography is enough to get anyone out of bed at 5 in the morning to snap the sun as it rises.  I am not known as an early riser - but even I was excited about walking through the meadow with the mist rising to get some pictures at dawn.  I will post these later in the week.

But whilst I was away making merry with my Nikon, work continued back at Spriggs Florist. Matthew was in charge of twitter and managed some witty comments on how the week was going.  So a little later than usual I am catching up on our blog.





Once again I made Ellen model the bouquets which were made using the pretty Shanghai phalanopsis orchid.



I love the heart in the centre of the window - it just says it all.


The urn in the ceremony barn at Upwaltham is perfect for summer garden flowers.



Sarah modelled this compact bouquet of all white roses - if Sarah were to get married again I could see her wearing a gown by Alice Temperley and waft about with a bouquet of all roses.

Petal and Clara are requesting a mention in today's blog as they are feeling a little left out.  Clara is back from her sea side residence and enjoying being back in Petworth.  Petal is just happy to have her mummy back home.

Are you listerning to The Archers - we are loving the storyline with Alice and Chris marrying on holiday and Jennifers reaction - priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment